Video Kinect/Vision Camera problem

Me and my brother both have XBL Gold and a Vision Camera each, with Video Kinect downloaded.

I was told HERE that is all I need for video chat

But we can't see each other, all I see is myself and a waiting sign next to his avatar on the Video Kinect page. He gets the same thing, we've tried signing in and out plus giving it lots of time to sort itself out. If one of us is supposed to have Kinect then I want my Gold subscription cancelled IMMEDIATELY because thats all me and my brother got Gold and 2 Vision camera's for, I moved to Sweden a while ago.

I was told I didn't need Kinect for video chat.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Unfortunately the vision camera is obsolete with the release of Kinect, one would require a Kinect camera to engage in Video Kinect. My apologies for the users on this forum that could have forwarded you the wrong information.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually, do not bother with the Kinect, it works even less than the Live Vision Cameras.  I never had any problems connecting to friends and family with the so called "obsolete" cameras.  My friends and I had crappy connections and got connected all the time without any problems.  The only problem we ever had was slow, choppy video performance.  But at least we could see each other.  Since the Kinect came along and our software was updated, we could no longer video chat using those cameras.  So we all updated and bought the Kinect, and we still could not see each other.  So we all started paying more money for faster internet and faster routers and/or switches, because thats all the quote/ un-quote "intelligent" tech support could come up with for a problem.  None of it made any difference.  The software update is the problem, they just do not want to admit they made a mistake, and this NEW, FANCY, EXPENSIVE camera and the software running it is worthless for video chatting.  Skype on an old computer with an old camera works just fine, in fact, it looks better than my Xbox Live Vision ever did.  Myself , my dozens of friends and over 30 family members all have worthless xbox Kinect senors that do not work no matter where they live in the country, or what service provider the use.  Xbox live Tech support cannot help you to Video Chat with anyone.  You are simply LUCKY if it works, and like most of us, UNLUCKY if it does not!  "End of Story"  Get your money back if you do not play games "Tomarlyn" its all the xbox is good for.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.