Video capture devices

I want to record gaming sessions and from what I've researched, the HD PVR seems to be the most popular. Can anyone reccommend any other decent video capturing devices?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Go and check out some local store sites like amazon to check for HD PVR devices.

check this company out , have used them quite a few times and they are great

http://www.limexb360.co.uk/

Are they able to capture audio if you wanted to create a "Let's Play" Game series?

Yep

I use a Hauppauge PVR at home and really enjoy it.  For the past two weeks I've been using a Gefen HD PVR at work for some stuff, and must say it's quite better than the Hauppauge.

I'm not sure of the price differences.  I really like the Gefen due to it's great interface along with the remote control for one touch recording.  The Gefen also has internal memory so there is no need to connect it to a PC while recording.  Simply copy it to an SD card when you're ready and load that up on your PC.

The Blackmagic Intensity series of capture devices are also a great choice and can be bought for about the price of an HD PVR. The only downside to them is that your computer needs to meet strict requirements to use them correctly.