Very weird issue

hi guys I need help figuring out an issue. So I received an email the other day telling me I have a 14 day suspension on communications for my account Dr Mccusk. I figured ok I guess I must've gotten reported for something. Let me ask the enforcement team to explain my issue to me. This is the response I recieved - Disseminating materials that could harm other users’ devices or allow others to inappropriately access software or websites - Abuse of the Xbox Live messaging system Now I'm fine serving a suspension for something I did. But I've gone through my messages and I don't know what the issue is. I've never sent anything but messages. No links or pictures. Just text messages. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. I'm concerned because I don't know what I did and I don't want to get in trouble for it again and receive a way worse penalty. Has anyone else ever come across a suspension for these reasons? Do you guys have any advice how to figure it out? I've contacted the enforcement team multiple times asking for an explanation and all I get is the lines above copy and pasted to an email. Customer support said they've never heard of such a explanation for a suspension before. I just want to know the exact thing that could've triggered it so I can make sure it never happens again. I have every message I've sent in the last year in my messages and I'm taking screenshots of all of them just in case. Please let me know if any of you have had this issue or heard of it before. If anyone has any ideas about what I could've possibly done please let me know. Thanks, Dr Mccusk

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yeah man I've called. Zero help. I recently posted again on the enforcement page asking for a little more detail because I have no idea what happened and instead of responding they deleted my post. It's pretty disappointing to be treated like This. A simple "hey you sent this to someone and it was flagged and that's what cause the suspension" would suffice but all that money they make cant pay for decent customer service I guess.....

With that message abuse thing the best thing to do would be to ring the Xbox support for you country. Thats what i would do.

Sorry I had this spaced out nicely so it was easier to read but once I hit post it clumped it all together