Very Perplexing Issues Connecting to XBL

I have been attempting to connect my xbox 360 to XBL, but have been unsuccessful thus far.  I am hoping that I am not reposting another thread.  I did a brief search/scan, and was not able to find anything that completely matched my situation, but it wasn't the most thourough search.  So if there is another thread out there, be sure to link me to it. :)

Anyways, the situation that I get is my 360 will connect to my home network, and will connect to the internet, but it won't connect completly to XBL.  The first time I attempt to connect after turning on my machine is the NAT warning.  I then check my settings, and everything checks out the way that support.xbox.com suggests, and then I restart the test.  It then loses the connection completely, referring me to check with my ISP.  (It still connects to the home network and internet, but not XBL)  I have followed suggestions both from the machine itself, and the support.xbox.com page, but neither has gotten me any results. 

I have checked with my ISP, and they assure me that they have nothing on their end, and cannot see anything that would prevent me from connecting.  They told me to verify that I've already got the appropriate ports opened an enabled, and they are.

Another detail that is worth noting, to get my machine to even connect to the internet, I had to manually assin the IP address on the machine, as well as the DNS address.  The xbox wouldn't do it automatically on its own.

I hope that I've got the situation described properly.  Below I'll explain the setup of my network.

I use a wireless broadband service, so there is a sattelite dish like receiver on the roof.  It essentially works as the modem.  It is then connected to a Linksys Phone Adapter w/Router (model number: SPA 102).  I use the same company to do phone service.  After going to that, the next step is a  Belkin Wireless N1 router.  (Model number R5D8231-4 v.3000).  I have one computer upstairs wired directly to the router.  I have another computer that links up to the router Wirelessly, and that is the computer I do most stuff on, including typing this page.  Both computers run Windows 7 & work fine with the internet, and have great connection speeds.  No problems at all.  I connect the Xbox 360 to the network wirelessly, using WPA2-Psk encryption.   

Hopefully that all makes sense, and I have enough details.  I can certainly get any more info that is needed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

*** Edit:  One more thing to add, I have tried hooking the xbox directly to the router and it did nothing different than working wirelessly.  I even tried hooking it up the the Phone Adapter, and that did nothing as well.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Firewall problem maybe?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, sounds like you have a couple routers in your setup. Is there any way your setup can be simplified? And just to be sure, you HAVE opened the necessary ports for LIVE, correct?

Sorry this didn't help.