Very Disappointed, Stuck in Loop, would not buy Xbox again.

I'm posting here because there is no way to email microsoft directly.I've spent way too much time on their site.

I discovered the Wii when my daughter brought her system home from college. I got into Zumba. When traveling, i   discovered the dance videos for the Wii are on Youtube. However, The zumba branding people will quickly remove recordings  for Wii  that are placed on youtube. That is when i discovered Dance Central, and Xbox.  i bought the Xbox 360 with Kinect for  the wonderful video quality, lifelike animation, and great graphics. I ordered   even though Xbox one was coming out. My purchase included 1 month free of Xbox live, a games  which needs to be downloaded. I'm a consumer which would have spent a great deal of money on my Xbox live subscription, and downloading songs for Dance Central, etc, over the next 30 years. However, problems activating my account and getting good online support mean i've never been able to actually use xbox live or download my game. When my free trial ends i won't be able to renew, because it's impossible. I"m stuck in a loop where it re-directs me to sign in, then tells me i'm not signed in. Creating an account tells me that i have a profile already associated with that gamer tag, but doesn't give me any information that would help me figure out what is wrong. I've worked in information technology for 25 years, and between the web site and the online help with the console, it's not helpful. unfortunate.

I have a profile, i Have a microsoft account, and i have a gamertag. but i am unable to use xbox live. it says sign in our sign up. i sign in. it says im signed in. when i go back to xbox live it says sign in or sign up. when i crreate an acount it rejects my gamertag and userid and password and says it is already in use. i've worked with online support in a chat window, an ambassador, and reserached this ont he support sijte. it has no answers and no one is able to help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

hey UnreadyBard5

sorry to hear you are having so many issues with this.

Im not sure if you have tried this or not but try to delete your profile from the xbox 360.

this link will help you to delete profile.

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

also once your profile is deleted clear your system cache.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

once its cleared 3 times turn off your xbox and leave it off for 30 sec

turn it back on and try to re download your profile

hope this helps you :)

In the case that this does not help out. go to this website

https://account.live.com

sign in the same way you would with your Xbox. Once you sign in it should say account summary at the very top.

close to the bottom it would say "Edit Security Info" make sure you have an alternate email and phone number as your security proofs.

make sure your email is verified and try to sign in again on your console.

I hope this info helps you out :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Ninja 081686

You were correct, i had an extra profile. thanks for taking the time to explain how to fix it. Now i am connected with my Gamertag and i have downloaded my free game. Thank you and happy holidays. I am new to the forum, i hope i correctly marked this response as a verified answer that was correct. THANKS!!

Robin

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.