Very disappointed in xbox atm.

Not even sure if I'm posting this in the right forums or not.

My story goes like this, I got my xbox on launch day a few years back, and my box was working just fine for about a year, then it started having troubles reading game disc, and it wouldnt read blu-ray at all. One day it finally stopped reading disc altogether. So i took it to a local repair shop and asked them to open it up to see what was wrong with it. They told me it was a bad disc reader. They said they could repair it for $200 which i thought was a bit steep, so i asked him to put it back together for me so i could send it off to xbox and get it fixed.

So fast forward to today, after waiting 3 weeks and paying THE FULL REPAIR AMMOUNT, i get my box back today saying that they cant fix it, because its been"opened, modified, tampered with, or its serial number was altered or removed. Because of this your warranty coverage and repair are voided". 

Ok, so heres my question, why wont it be repaired? There is no warranty on it anymore, it was only opened to see what was wrong with it, and i just paid the full amount to fix it, so how can my repair request be denied??? All i want is to enjoy something i payed $500 for, and have spent an extra $600 on games for that console. Seriously how can you guys do this over it just simply being opened to see what was wrong with it???

All i want is my box working again or an expedient refund so i can take it somewhere around town that will, you know, actually fix it unlike microsoft.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:
Answer

Opening it up (just like with the Xbox 360) is not allowed in any way, and will mean that the warranty is void. This is to stop damage to the internal components which you could have caused, for for attempted modification of the console.

As per the Xbox Live Policies, some consoles are also banned from reconnecting to Xbox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.