Vacation in another country

Hello,

I am a US citizen, living in NYC. BUT i am in vacation here in Brazil and brought my xbox 360 with me.
I went online to update my payment method (put in my US based paypal) but i can't get into the website in english.

It always redirect me to the portuguese one, which i don't understand quite well.

It goes to www.xbox.com/pt-BR/Home-2 and it won't let me put in Paypal because it seems like Paypal is not accepted in Brazilian's accounts.

My account is with the correct region, United States, but even when i log in, it redirects me and treats me like i am a Brazilian Citizen.

What can be done with that? Isn't that kinda ridiculous? To assume that everyone who connects in here is Brazilian? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

In the URL, change the "pt-BR" to "en-US" and you should be okay. That will let you see the American pages instead, and you should be able to complete the operation.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it might work if you are in Us, it was the first thing i tried. But since i am using a Brazilian IP i assume it's "blocking" me. and redirects back to the pt-br. Thanks for being helpful, but any other ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.

You could use a VPN I suppose but Microsoft doesn't really like people doing that.  Even if you could update your payment info I don't think you'd be allowed to buy anything because your physical location doesn't match your account settings.

You may think it's ridiculous but by purchasing an American product and downloading it to your American console in Brazil you would technically be importing that game and all sort of legal issues arise. 

Sorry this didn't help.