Using Xbox 360 NTSC-J in the UK

Hey all i'm currently living in the UK and was thinking of importing a Japanese or Asain Xbox 360 slim. I have noticed that the Asian console is 220V where as the Japanese one is 110V. Basically i just wanted to know whether i could use the power supply from my UK slim console in either of these or do i need to buy some sort of convertor?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 113 Applies to:

Provided you have the correct power brick the console should run as normal. Import games do tend to cost more than normal though, so think on if you are going to get value for money from the purchase.

Thanks for the reply but what do you mean by the correct power brick? I just want to know if i can use the UK power supply i already have that came with my UK PAL slim console on an asian/japanese console. Don't want to fry it!

[quote user="Jaffa Cake King"]

Thanks for the reply but what do you mean by the correct power brick? I just want to know if i can use the UK power supply i already have that came with my UK PAL slim console on an asian/japanese console. Don't want to fry it!

[/quote]

All import consoles I have owned run at 115 v, we're 220 v in the UK, you will probably need a step down transformer if the power brick with the NTSC unit is 115 v input. You may be able to use the UK one but it may not be compatible, you will have to check first.

Whats the Japanese TV standard? Will a Japanese console work with a UK TV?

The Japanese use NTSC. However unless your television is ancient it will quite happily display both PAL and NTSC signals.

Yes, voteDC does have a point, you will need to have a TV capable of taking in NTSC signals. Now, I bought mine lets say 2005-ish and it gladly let me play my region-free Japanese Fable III on my PAL console, and it switched from PAL60 to NTSC and back again when at the dashboard. I see no real reason why you would want to import a console. and the Asian consoles are merely NTSC/U (N. American) consoles with a few added options (Power Brick is 220v, Chinese Langauges, Price?) because my dad bought me an "Asian" copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and it was an American copy with a discounnted price, it works fine on PAL consoles, only problem being DLC has to be bought using another Xbox LIVE (which I don't have). As for the power, every Slim console runs on 12v, so you could just either use your own power brick from your english console on your japanese, it's not like you can use two Xbox'es at once? Or just buy a Power Adapter (www.play.com/.../Product.html|cat:28407409|prd:28407409) £26.99 + Free Delivery and the Video Cables, well... don't worry about them as they are Standard AV/RCA Plugs

Hope I helped you out on this one, feel free to add me on Xbox LIVE. Message me first though!

yes you can  use your power supply from the uk slim with no problems,the ntsc difference does not make any difference if playing on a hdtv,the ntsc signal is  for sdtv,also the main reason for owning an import console is not for cheaper games but to play games that are not released in your region that are region protected.The good news about importing games is that it has never been as cheap or easy as it is now,i remember back in the day and paying near £80 for streetfighter  ntsc-j on the super famicom and near a £100 for starfox 64 on n64

My previous post in this thread was made nine months ago.

-

The necromancy is powerful in this thread.