Using Xbox 360 in different region

I have an Xbox 360 console that I purchased and have used while in New Zealand.  I'm trying to figure out what I'll be able to use it for if I bring it to the US.  I believe I can purchase a new US external power supply to account for the mains voltage difference, but I'm not 100% clear on what happens regarding using games and dvds.

This link provides some info on regions and formats:        http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/watch-dvds-movies

So my questions are:

1) Will I only be able to play DVDs that are for region 4 (NZ) and not region 1 (US)?  I will be using the HDMI output, so I assume there is no concern about PAL (NZ) vs NTSC (US).

2) Will I only be able to play games that are for region GR3 : PAL (NZ) and not region GR1 : NTSC (US)?

3) Will I be able to play games that I've purchased via Xbox live and downloaded (no DVD) in NZ (e.g. Minecraft, indie games) when I'm using the box in the US?

If anyone has experience with the above, would be great to get feedback.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

You will be able to play your games there the same everywhere but you will need to get a new power supply

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Okay, so you are saying that for 2) I'll still be able to play region GR3 (PAL) games - but what about region GR1 (NTSC) games that I might want to purchase in the US?

Sorry this didn't help.

You will be able to play PAL games as your console is PAL region but you will not be able to play NTSC games on it.You would need the correct region console for that.

Sorry this didn't help.

G'day dogface!

Daft Badger has the correct info here. Your PAL console will not be able to play NTSC discs - this includes games and movie DVDs. As for games downloaded from Xbox Live, some content may work correctly but other content may be regionally restricted. If you plan to live in the US for a while, I recommend you consider an account region migration to maintain the best compatibility with Xbox Live. 

Sorry this didn't help.