Using UK Account in US

Soon i will be moving to US. I got UK xbox live gold account associated with my  UK console. Also, i got COD Elite and couple of purchased games on my live account. I wonder, would I be able to use my previously purchased games on new US console even i have UK account or i wont be able to? Also, will I be able to buy DLC's from US store from my UK account or not? For games that will come out some time in the future.

If not, does that mean that i need to make completely new US account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Since GT regions can not be changed you would need to start a new account if you wanted to use the USA market place.

You will still be able to use your UK GT on a USA console and play the games, but would still only have access to the UK store.

Also some DLC is so region locked that is you have to match all Regions for it to work.

Say COD:BO if you had a UK account and a USA game and a UK xbox - you could not get some map packs to work.

Short answer, Use your UK account till it is expired, then start a USA account.

Long answer, Start a USA account just to download DLC and keep using your UK items. (Until a game is released that is region locked and you need a USA console to play)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.