using the intercooler made by (nyko?) for the 360S is not a good idea...here's why

when you put it on your xbox 360 slim, it tends to make the internal fan in the xbox alter its settings. this will be detected when you do the may 19th update. the update will show the xbox as a tampered/modded/3rd party repair. this voids the warranty. do NOT under any circumstances put it on your 360 slim if you love your xbox and its warranty.

just thought i'd put out a friendly warning.

most stores are now aware of this issue (i.e. gamestop) and no longer sell it. however, i would beware of people trying to sell this on craigslist and other places like amazon and sites like that.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Not to install fear in people, but can you kindly provide the source of this info you have? Offical web site postings?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

actually it was posted on the gamestop site by a user right under the advert for the cooler. also, i was looking for it at gamestop a few days ago and they warned me that it would void the warranty on the 360 slim if i used it. it was the manager that told me this, so i know they're not giving some line of bull to make a sale

Sorry this didn't help.

Using ANYTHING not by microsoft on your 360 is a bad idea. Even if it doesn't get you in any trouble with the XBLPET. For example, contorlers with unofficial battery packs will always display battrey low, even if the battrey is full. Also, this very website will refuse to work on anything besides internet explorer.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Toad 004"] Also, this very website will refuse to work on anything besides internet explorer.

[/quote]I'm posting this using Chrome.  If you're getting a "400 Bad Request" error, just clear the cookies.

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah i'm using chrome here too. its a little faster than ie9. when i use it for viewing movies, i go right back to ie9 because it displays movies better

Sorry this didn't help.