Using same WLID on XBox and PC at the same time

Not sure if this been asked/answered before, but I am trying to play AOE online on my PC and my wife is trying to stream movies using Netflix on XBox 360. Signing in one place signs out the account on the other device. So basically at the same time using the same WLID you cannot be signed into XBox and PC. Just wondering if there is a way to do this or if not then why not?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It is that way because a profile is meant for use by one person. You're trying to use two functions without having two accounts, so it shouldn't be surprising that it isn't working.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well that's totally unacceptable, its just like telling someone that either watch tv or listen to radio, you cannot do both even though you paid for both. Guess MS just want to hoard more of people's money.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you could do would be to create a new gamertag to play AOE online since you don't need a gold account for Games For Windows Live. Then you could be playing your game and she could be using the other account to watch movies through Netflix.

Sorry this didn't help.