Using my controller with my PC.

I need to turn on my controller without turning on my xbox. I'm trying to sync it with my PC. I have a USB connector I'm using so the controller is directly hooked up with my PC with a wired connection. The drivers were properly installed when I hooked up the USB. I just need to know how to turn on my controller without my xbox. Please help.

"How to turn on/off your Xbox 360 console and wireless controller" According to this section in the support I should be able to hit the start button on my controller and it should ignore the Xbox, but when I hit the start button it still turns on my xbox.

I would appreciate any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

[quote user="Corwin321"]I need to turn on my controller without turning on my xbox.[/quote]The controller is designed to look for the console or Wireless Gaming Controller adapter it is sync'ed to.[quote]I'm trying to sync it with my PC. I have a USB connector I'm using so the controller is directly hooked up with my PC with a wired connection.[/quote]The Play & Charge cable is only used to power the controller and charge the Play & Charge battery pack. It does not carry data. It cannot be used to make a wireless controller into a wired controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alright, that answers my questions then. I suppose I need to go get a wireless adapter for my PC, or go get a wired controller.

Thanks for your help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.