Using ICS to connect to Xbox Live

Okay, I just bought a new xbox. Didnt feel like paying 100$ for an adapter so Im running it through my laptop using internet connection sharing. I have internet access on my PC. It say my wireless network has local and internet. The LAN fluctuates between "limited connectivity" and "local & internet". I was using it the past week with no problems and tried to get on one day and it just didnt work. I have Windows Vista, connected to a 2wire modem/router. The error code is W: 0000 -000B X: 8001 - 1025 Y: 0000 -0000 Z: 0000 - 0000 ID: FFFF -FFFF. I have tried both manual and automatic configurations at this point and neither seems to work. I tried reconfiguring the router firewall as well with no success. I am determined to get it working or trade it in for a playstation, because even THAT is easier than this nonsense. IT should not be this hard if this computer I am using and the Xbox are both made by the same people. But like I said it was working before and I didn't change anything (to my knowledge). I'm thinking it has something to do with the laptop I'm using because it won't connect to the network. Please help me 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi,

Please look at one or both of these guides for help on this set-up:-

support.microsoft.com/.../978618

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/xbox-ics-bridging-guide

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.