Using data cable for new console

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but i searched and couldn't find anything.

Ive bought a new xbox 360, the black 250gb ones and i want to transfer all the data from my old xbox over to the new one. I've ordered the cable but it isnt gonna arrive for a few days and id like to start using my new console right away. If i use the new console and have some saves/profiles/downloads etc on it over the next few days can i then transfer the data from the old one afterwards or does the new hard drive have to be formatted before hand?

Hope ive explained that okay

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

It's fine.

When you get the cable and connect your old HDD, cancel all the transfer screens and pop-ups. Go back into System Settings, Memory, and manually copy/move whatever you want from the old HDD (now listed under Transfer Cable) to the new HDD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok. (HDD=Hard Drive) I think this is what you are trying to do.

When you transfer data *for example your old HDD to your new HDD. Any thing on the New HDD will be overwritten with the data from the old HDD.* You could use a usb drive as a storage device.(Up to 16GBs). So when you are ready to Transfer Data from your old HDD to your new HDD. Before you do any of that make sure that you move ANYTHING you want that's already on the new HDD (Gamerprofiles, Gamesaves,ECT.) Onto the Usb drive and then unplug the usb for safe measures. Then transfer the Data from the old HDD to the new one. Once that is done you can copy/move data from the usb drive to the new HDD. The only problem i can think of that can/will come out of this is multiple copy's of the same exact data, This might cause corruption issues. In my opinion, Wait till the transfer cable because one wrong move with what i told you. You lose all data or some of it.

Hope this helps in some way

-Sage

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.