Using any disk causes the whole console to crash?!

Exactly what the title says. Anytime I insert a game disk into the console, it starts reading (sometimes anyway) and then crashes. The whole system, turns itself off. It's less than a year old, it's never been moved, bumped or damaged in any way, and up until now we'd only used it for Netflix. I've tried a couple of game disks now. It seems to have no problem with movies.
I'm a little lost as a previous PS3 owner!
Any thoughts?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Thats really weird !i The only thing i can say to do that might fix it is to  Reformat your HDD (Harddrive) if you have one.  to do so view this page support.xbox.com/.../storage (its down at the bottom) this might work. If not you can call microsoft at 1800microsoft Then explain to them whats going on and they might have you send it to them to be fixed.  Or they might tell you things to do to fix it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I had a similar experience with the New slim model, after 9 months it just would not play any games, refused to open and sometimes would crash, I know you said its less than a year old but has it been less than a year since you purchased it? If so the cheapest thing to do would be to take it back to where you brought and ask for an exchange, that's providing you have proof of purchase, it wouldnt cost you anything and It would be a lot simpler than sending it off, just a thought! Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.