Using a XBOX 360 Purchased in US (via Amazon.com) in India

Hi,

I am planning to get a XBOX 360 Limited Edition console on Amazon.com and use it in India - Does this mean I will also have to purchase games only from the US to use on this console (Are the games region-locked?) - I currently own a PS3 and the games are region-free for the PS3 (I always purchase my PS3 titles from Amazon US and get them delivered and play on the PS3 console here with no issues).

Please let me know the procedure as this will help me decide on whether to move to the XBOX 360 or not.

Thanks in advance,

Gautam

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 113 Applies to:

[quote user="Gautam Arjun"]I am planning to get a XBOX 360 Limited Edition console on Amazon.com and use it in India[/quote]You'll have no warranty support on the console if you buy it from outside your home country.[quote]Does this mean I will also have to purchase games only from the US to use on this console (Are the games region-locked?)[/quote]Region locking is up to the developer/publisher on the 360 platform. There are some games that are region locked, and others that are not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the information! I saw another thread here saying that in case of purchasing the Xbox outside India, A separate request should be made for the power brick here in India - Is this right?..Also, in case of region locking, will there be any indication on the game cover etc. on the same (Like in the case of region-encoding in DVDs - Region 1,Region 2 etc)?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, you'd need to order/buy a power brick compatible with India's power standard if you're using a US console in India.

I've never seen games list if they are locked or unlocked. There are various lists on The Internet.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi gautam, i was planning to buy xbox via amazon just like you did. do they ship to india also? also what extra accessories do i need to buy so that  the power supply and ntsc-pal conversion issues are taken care of.

Sorry this didn't help.