Using A Headset with Optical Audio

Hello, My name is Jacob And i am currently preparing for next generation, by changing the way my setup is. I have been using turtle Beach x12s for the past couple of years,and they have been working just fine for me. However, the way that this headset works is via RCA, and xbox one will not have standard definition, only HD. I have the xbox 360 S model, and today I went out and purchased an optical audio cable. It came with two converters to 3.5mm. I plugged my optical cable into my xbox, no problem whatsoever. But the problem that i had was plugging it into a female to female splitter The 3.5mm adapter fit, but i cant get any sound at all. Are there any other things that i can do? I want to be able to have sound when the Xbox One comes out, and new headsets won't be out until 2014. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

G'day Jacob! For the best support with Turtle Beach products for Xbox 360, I recommend you hit up their Knowledge base.

As for Xbox One, current gen headsets are not compatible. However, there is an adapter device in the works for wired headsets like the X12. We don't have any info to share on it now, but we hope to know more in the near future. =)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.