Using a flash drive for both xbox/pc simultaneously

i have a 64gb flash-drive usb, and i want to use half of it for xbox storage games/profile/dlc/ect and half for pc files music/pics/documents/ect

my question is: will it really cause any trouble? i mean i know it says 'you might experience performance issues' or whatever, but does anyone have experience with it?

The xbox files dont show up on the flash-drive right? so id just make 1 main folder for my other pc files .. will this be ok???

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

As far as I know you should be able to do this although last time I tried it the flash drive stopped working properly and I ended up losing everything on it.

I don't know if it was the sharing that caused the flash drive to stop working or if it was just coincidence but to be safe I wouldn't risk it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I haven't encounterd any problems with my 16g USB flash drive as I have it partitioned 8gb for Xbox and 8gb for PC.  I did have to format the 8gb for PC a couple of time but it was related to my computer having trouble reading the files on PC

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="PowerJ4CK"]i have a 64gb flash-drive usb, and i want to use half of it for xbox storage games/profile/dlc/ect and half for pc files music/pics/documents/ect[/quote]The 360 is limited to USB Memory Units of 32GB in size, so you can't use more of the drive for the 360 even if you wanted to.[quote]my question is: will it really cause any trouble?[/quote]No. The entire 64GB flash drive will be formatted/partitioned as one FAT32 partition by the console. It will then place the USB Memory Unit on that one FAT32 partition in a hidden folder. The rest of the space on the partition will be usable by your PC.

I have a 32GB flash drive set up the same way, back when USB Memory Units could only be up to 16GB in size. There's a 16GB USB Memory Unit on the flash drive and the rest I can make use of on my PC. It's good for storing the system updates from the USB update page so I don't have to download it to every console.

Sorry this didn't help.