Using 2 Xboxes in one household

I recently bought a second Xbox to use in our bedroom so we can mainly watch Netflix movies.

Our original Xbox is still used by our kids for games and Netflix.

I only have 1 Xbox Gold account. Obviously the kids use my Xbox Gold account to watch Netflix movies.

I now understand that I can't have my same xbox live account in use on two consoles at the same time (bummer for me, but I understand why they do that.)

What's the simplest way to watch Netflix on both consoles at the same time?

Would it be easiest to buy a second gold account? If I do that, can two xbox gold accounts connect to the same Netflix account?

I don't really want to buy a second gold account just so we can watch Netflix, but I've heard that you automatically get banned if your gold account is used on two xboxes at the same time. 

Kinda makes me wish I got a PS3 instead where you don't have to pay to be able to use Netflix. Is there any chance Microsoft will do like Nintendo and Sony and not require a paid account to watch Netflix?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You can't get banned for using the same account on two different consoles at the same time. The system will just delete your account from the console that isn't in use.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

As mentioned it is impossible to use an account on two consoles at the same time, when an account is recovered from Live the previous version is deactivated and blocked from connecting.

I'm afraid that you will need to  get another Gold account. As to whether you'll be able to use your Netflix account with this new Gold one, that would depend on the terms and conditions of your Netflix package and if they let you have it active on one than one device.

It's best to check with Netflix before you purchase another Gold subscription.

It is also doubtful that Microsoft would ever let Silver members use the Netflix app, they like to bundle everything in with Gold to make it seem better value. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.