Users With Malfunctioning Xbox Ones Compensated With Free Game

Users With Malfunctioning Xbox Ones Compensated With Free Game Select from Ryse, Zoo Tycoon, Forza 5, or Dead Rising 3.
by Mitch Dyer
NOVEMBER 25, 2013

Microsoft is offering a free first-party game to some Xbox One users affected byhardware problems. Microsoft said in a statement, "While a replacement console is on its way, we want to ensure our advance exchange customers can stay in the game. We will provide each of them with a free digital download of one of the launch titles published by Microsoft Studios."

A digital copy of the selectable games -- you'd receive one copy of Forza Motorsport 5,Dead Rising 3Ryse: Son of Rome, or Zoo Tycoon -- will still play on a machine with a malfunctioning disc drive, of course. In addition, Microsoft is replacing hardware at a faster rate than usual with its advance exchange program; Microsoft is sending replacement units before users mail out their faulty machines for repair.

If you're having troubles with your Xbox One, consult the Xbox One Problems wiki page, or call 1-800-4-MYXBOX for support.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/26/users-with-malfunctioning-xbox-ones-compensated-with-free-game

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is a great move by MS, I know if I had a faulty console this would ease the pain some.

Classy move. I wonder how many will try to take advantage of this offer.

Just got off the phone and got my free code for Dead rising 3. I was going to wait to get it, but I don't have to now! Thanks, MS!

Good move on MS' part. Good thing they were far quicker to react to this than the 3 red lights/E74.

Bravo Microsoft!

Nice to see a bone thrown for sure.  

can I haz a code for forza 5?

Hi,

Just for a heads up the article is incorrect as they are not offering free games to any HW issue just a specific HW issue I won't disclose which. And yes it is a nice move but once again NOT for every HW issue.

Now I sort of wish I had a faulty xbox lol.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Wonderful gesture. About to give away a lot of Forza 5s.