Users threatening to disconnect others from Xbox Live

Recently there has been a surge of modders on GTA IV: The Ballad of *** Tony.

Last night me and 2 other friends were harrassed by [GT REMOVED]

Even his bio brags about what he can do. 

After we voted to kick him from the game for cheating he proceeded to disconnect all 3 of us from xbox live simultaneously.

I'm pretty sure its illegal to tamper with people's internet connections and it happened more than once so i know its not something our ends.

Something should be done about all these hackers because the complaint system is flawed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

report them. it's that easy the enforcement team will take care of it. if all of your friend reported them it will be looked at quicker but all claims are looked at within in 24 hours or less

please don't name and sham the gamertags . I know it's frustrating just report then block and avoid them as players

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I understand, but this is getting to the point where its beyond xbox live and another user is attacking our actual connections.

It doesn't feel like justice is being done.

Sorry this didn't help.

thats a tough one to handel .

if it is an issue which it seams to be, there is a chance you need to contact a higher power, not GOD, but the police or FBI that seams extream but the FBI would handel internet "hacking and tracking". im not sure how to get in contact with them this is a new problem for me I can rereport it to Modds and mabye move it up in their priorty lists. I checked out his bio and it is like you say so i believe you but i have never seen it done before he is abve my level of hacking knowlage.

IF he is hacking and it's cross state lines the it is a federal case if you wanna make it that but unless you can prove milicious intent it'll be months before you see or hear of any results and there is a chance you may never see results so this is a big decision to persue that line.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, just a reminder, you aren't allowed to name and shame on the forums so that will most likely be edited. The only thing you can do about this is file a complaint against the user, it's likely this user has been doing this same thing to more than just you and more people are filing a complaint on the user. The complaints system is not flawed in fact it's working perfectly in the background, it takes more than just one simple complaint to get the job done from multiple people. It's how VULCAN works, if you want to know how exactly the complaint system works you may want to check out this video presentation that was shown at PAX 2010 by the XBOX Live Enforcement Team > [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhz9eTcL1h0]

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure what the law is like over their but in Australia that sort of thing is very illegal accessing somebody elses intenet to the point of being able to do that. I would definetly file a complaint for system tampering and contact you internet provider and explain to them what has happened. They can also investigate and take action if needed, i would also suggest turning modem off when not in use to prevent further access.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the only countries where it is legal are countries that don't have internet access.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is that where 2 tin cans and piece of string is the latest wonder buhahahahaaa

Sorry this didn't help.

1-Do not name and shame other players within the forums. It is not allowed.

2-If you are the victim of a DDoS attack then you need to contact your local/government law enforcement agency and file a report with them. From there they will work with your ISP and MS to locate and take action against the offender.

3-Be sure to file a complaint against the offender on your console via the recent players list so MS can take action against the offenders XBL account.

4-The complaint system does work, but it is not instant like many people seem to believe. Just like with real life crimes it takes time to investigate, gather evidence and take action.

If you would like to know more about how policy enforcement works on XBL then visit one or more of the following links:

XBL Police (article)

PAX East 2010 (60 minute podcast)

Secrets of XBL Enforcement (article)

Vulcan Technology (8 minute video)

A Reading from the Book of Enforcement (12 minute video)

PAX East 2011 How XBL Policy Enforcement Works (8 minute video)

PAX East 2011 Conclusion

My Live Account was Suspended

Sorry this didn't help.