US/Canada account migration problems

Just wanted to let the developers at Xbox live know about an issue regarding migration of Xbox live accounts between USA and Canada.  Four years ago I had to cancel and create a new account when I moved from USA to Canada, and just five minutes ago did the opposite as I just moved back to the US.  

Specifically, the issue is that when you have a US/Canadian account, your billing address and card info is locked to that country.  Once you make the move and cancel the old credit card, making subscription payments for your account with anything other than points cards is impossible (unless those are country specific also...are they?).

Given account migration to Russia, South Africa, etc. is supported, why not include for the (I presume more common) case of Canada-US and US-Canada?  Have had to start over twice now, gamerscore wiped clean.  This is pretty frustrating, Microsoft.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There is no "migration" between the US and Canada. You would simply need to have an account whose region matches where you physically live. If that doesn't match, you would need to create/use a different account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've had to deal with the same thing, though I refuse to restart my account. I just have another, local account that I use for purchasing DLC and buy a point card every year. It works fine for me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.