usb/battery question

I just bought the 4gb xbox Kinect.  What are my best options for adding more space for game saves, etc....external drive or usb stick?

My son and I are not hardcore gamers so what would be a safe amount of gigs to get for it?

Also, is it a good idea to buy the charge and play kit and forget about the disposable batteries?  I have regular rechargeable batteries at home, but I don't know which would get drained faster realistically.....

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you are not interested in playing game demos or downloading most things off the Xbox LIVE marketplace than just use a USB stick to save everything or use the internal 4gb memory. If you plan on downloading Xbox LIVE arcade games or games on demand I recommend getting a hard drive.

Play and charge kit works well other than the battery not lasting that long before it needs its next charge. Regular batteries last longer but its a pain having to make sure you have some for your controller.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I plan on downloading demos for sure and having  gave saves for the xbox games we buy on cd which will be anywhere between 20+ games. For now we have 5.  Were not hardcore gamers though. I'm just trying to figure out how big of a USB drive to get. Do you personally use both te battery and charger for the controller ?  Which do you prefer?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="djordje8"]

I plan on downloading demos for sure and having  gave saves for the xbox games we buy on cd which will be anywhere between 20+ games. For now we have 5.  Were not hardcore gamers though. I'm just trying to figure out how big of a USB drive to get. Do you personally use both the battery and charger for the controller ?  Which do you prefer?

[/quote]

In Pink:  You are only able to use a maximum of 16Gb per USB device anyway.  You can have a maximum of 2 USB sticks for a total of 32Gb, that will be more than enough for you.  Get one USB stick, and if you fill that, simply get another.

In Yellow:  I prefer using the Play and Charge kit myself.  The batteries last quite a while, and you can charge them while playing.  Just don't buy the cheap knock-off ones, they're rubbish.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can have more than 16gb....Doesn't Microsoft sell the 120gb & 250gb USB drives?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="djordje8"]

You can have more than 16gb....Doesn't Microsoft sell the 120gb & 250gb USB drives?

[/quote]Yes there are larger USB drive, but the Xbox itself will only use a maximum of 16Gb.  If you use a larger USB drive the rest of that space will remain unused.  Here is a link with more info: http://www.xbox.com/storage/

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry I was referring to this one.

www.xbox.com/.../250GBHDD

Is there a 3rd party drive out there which is cheaper?  All I really need is120gb or less.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="djordje8"]

Is it safe to do something like this?

www.pcworld.com/.../upgrade_your_xbox_360s_hard_drive_on_the_cheap.html

[/quote]No http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/7/t/4558.aspx

Also, that article is describing the older design X360, not the newer one like yours.

Sorry this didn't help.

How would I install the Microsoft xbox 360 250gb drive if I don't take the old one out then?

Sorry this didn't help.

The 250Gb hard drive (pictured) will work along side the internal 4Gb memory, so you can have both at once.  There is a slot on the bottom of your console where it can slide into.  That slot should be empty at the moment.

This link will show you how to install the hard drive into your X360 http://support.xbox.com/pages/xbox-360/how-to/add-remove-hard-drive.aspx

This link will show you how to move something from one storage device to another http://support.xbox.com/pages/xbox-360/how-to/manage-games-data.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.