USB Transfer Problems... Please Help!!

Okay....
So i decided to transfer all my stuff from my old hard drive to my new one
Problem is the old one is over seas (i gave it to my bro as a b-day gift)
Yesterday I sat on webcam guiding him on how to set up the USB with the Xbox and copy all of my saves to it
He followed step by step, took the Xbox360 (hiden folder) with the DATA0000, 0001, 0002 files and he compresed them
He send them to me via email and I extracted the DATA files, replaced my USB's DATA files
Put it in the xbox, and did not work, i had to redo the setup process for the USB to be used with the xbox
Deleting all my files on my usb
Anyone know why this is not working? Am I doing anything wrong?

PLZ Help... D=

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Because all save files are now dead.  The usb must be formatted to work with the xbox.  Once the usb is put into the pc, the pc reformats the files into something it can read.  This makes the files unreadable to the xbox.

If your brother did not delete your original files, have him put them back onto a usb stick and mail it to you.  It may take a little longer but that is the only way you're going to get them.  Another option is to wait until the fall update.  I believe Xbox is setting up the Cloud for gamers where all your saves and info will be saved for easy access with just a login and password.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.