USB transfer problem help!!!!

I transferred a great deal of my game saves to a USB flashdrive a few months ago. A good friend of mine needed to borrow the flashdrive to do a project and so I transferred the "XBox360" folder containing the files "data0000 data0001... through data0008" files onto my computer so that he could use it. He never gave me the flashdive back and I dont think I'll be able to get it from him anytime in the near future. I've had some save files for games I wanted to replay just be completely missing so I went out and bought a new 8gb flash drive to replace the old one. I cant get the files onto the flashdrive and then have the xbox read them I've tried so many things. I don't know if it is just because I'm using a mac or what but I really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I just want to get the files off my mac and back onto a flashdrive that my xbox can read. Thanks for any help at all!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I appreciate your response but I've looked on there a hundred times.  I have my saves inside of a folder on my computer and I want to get them on a flashdrive and have my xbox read them but it doesn't recognize the usb drive.  Since those saves I've gotten a new xbox (the last 2 red ringed.) I'm wondering if it wont recognize the files since it's a different console.  I have done a little research and they say to not include the first DATA0000 when replacing it on the drive.  I've tried EVERYTHING I'm starting to give up on ever reclaiming the hundred hours of game saves that are lost.

Sorry this didn't help.

From what I understand once you configure the flash drive for use with the console it can not be plugged into a pc otherwise it will unconfigure it. Rendering it needing to be reconfigured when you plug it back into the console, thus losing anything stored on it.

It is a preventative measure to help stop modding/cheating. I do have something of future interest that I came across in the XBL Blog Section:

forums.xbox.com/.../beacons-and-cloud-storage-to-make-it-easer-to-connect-on-xbox-live.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.