USB transfer problem from OLD Xbox 360 to NEW Xbox 360

My sister and I both decided that we were going to update both of our 360 systems to the newer model. I owned the 2008 edition and my sister had the 2010 edition. We both used different types of USB thumb drives to save the data from our systems they both configured properly and we had no error messages or problems with the transfer of files from the systems to the thumb drives.

After we traded in our old systems and brought home the new ones we attempted to load the data onto the new systems but when we plugged in our thumb drives they show up as un-configured devices but they both show that they are full of the saved Data. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello there. Quick question. Were you useing Microsoft made USB thumb drives? If you were not you may have lost all your data. It is only reccommend that you use official microsoft tech to transfer content. This is what you should have used support.xbox.com/.../set-up-transfer-cable, Whenever you tansfer content it is very risky to do without the right tools.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think they were both Scan Disk Thumb drives

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Red Swamp"]I owned the 2008 edition and my sister had the 2010 edition. We both used different types of USB thumb drives to save the data from our systems they both configured properly and we had no error messages or problems with the transfer of files from the systems to the thumb drives.[/quote]Did you ever test the thumb drives on each other's consoles?

Flash drives can be finicky. What works on one console may not work on another.

Try the rear ports on the new consoles. If you have a friend with the original console, try that. If you can get the flash drives to work on another console, and that console has access to Live, see if the owner would mind if you enabled Cloud Storage. If the onwer's ok with you enabling Cloud Storage, try Copying the data from the USB Flash Drive to Cloud Storage.

Sorry this didn't help.