USB Storage

Today I purchased a new 250gb console.  I was using a PNY 8gb flash drive to transfer data from my old 20gb machine to my new one.  I, unfortunately, moved the data rather than copied.  I verified all my data was on the flash before removing it.  When I plugged it into my new machine I noticed a number of things missing, but transferred what I had.  I plugged back into the old 360 and it wouldn't recognize the device and wanted to reformat it, I then had the same issue in the new machine.  Now neither machine will recognize the only storage device with all of my game save data.  When I plug into a PC it shows that 7+ gb are on the drive but I cannot access it.  Does anybody know of any way I can recover the data?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well, I can tell you that the reason why that your PC doesn't recognize it, is because you need to un-configure your flash drive.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately there is no way to recover the data from your USB drive now. DLC can be downloaded again from your purchase history but I'm afraid that any saves that were on there are gone for good.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.