USB Storage Device problem

when i put something like a theme or even a gamer pic onto my usb it works fine, but when i go to put it into the computer it says it has a problem and trys to scan it and it does that and i go to use it and it says that it only has 3mb of space remaining on the 2gb flash drive... i know thats not possibly at all because the flash drive has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on it except the theme and gamer pic... ive tried reformatting it in every way so dont tell me to do that... idk what to do.. so please help the usb is a: sandisk cruzer micro 2gb so please somebody help me because i feel like i have tried EVERYTHING that i can think of but hopefully you guys at xbox have a way to get this to work with my usb, maybe my usb isnt compattible with xbox? idk but it used to work and now it doesn't so please help. ;o

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Well have you ever transferred anything from your xbox to your comp before? I'm not sure, but if not the xbox does configure the usb so it can work with it. Dont forget that xbox files are in a format that shouldn't allow them to be read by a computer. That might be the prob.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

the xbox reserves some space for system use

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! When you configure a USB Storage Device for use by the Xbox, that partition created is not able to be read by a PC - so the behavior you're describing is normal. It is possible to set a smaller partition than the entirety of your 2GB Flash Drive. You could, for example, set aside 1GB for Xbox, and have the remainder left for using with your PC.

For more information on USB Storage Devices and Xbox 360, check out: Format a USB flash drive to use as an Xbox 360 flash drive . Specifically, option 2 under "Format a USB flash drive." 

Sorry this didn't help.