USB stick

Need to understand what might have happened. 
I usually leave a USB with movies (although it has docs stored on it too) plugged into my xbox. Just went to watch a movie on it and bam the stick is wiped clean.

I ask around the house and someone says that there was an update required a couple days ago and the person did the update. It required the machine to turn on and off etc etc that maybe that was it. I have done updates before with the USB plugged in and have never had this happen.

Can anyone help me out. I took USB out and moved it around to other port. still nothing. I plugged in another USB that has movies on it and it was reading that one fine. Plugged the wiped one into my comp and up it is totally wiped.....

Anyone have an explanation for this? thanks I just want to understand what happened to not have it happen again. I assume the answer is don't leave it plugged in. Sure I get that but it doesn't make sense why this happened now but has never before?

Thanks 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The update may have formatted your USB, meaning it wiped it. This may have been caused from the update requiring all USBs to be set back to normal, or there was just a glitch.

Have a nice day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.