USB stick slight frame rate lag?

Hi,

I have this http://www.amazon.com/PNY-Attache-Flash-Drive-P-FD4GBATT03-GE/dp/B003SGN9YW .It does say "does not meet requirements", but installs and loads the game fine, no streaming issues, obvious stutters etc.

Everything loads fine, somethings load faster (like pressing the start button to go into the map screen).

However, I did a side by side test (same area, keep loading disc, then usb, back and forth) and I cant be sure, but I think there might be a very slight frame rate drop, when driving. I cant quite tell. Slightly more sluggish, not quite smooth.

Theres no streaming problems or anything like that. (more so than the odd, pop in of a mailbox or bin that happens on the disc and the USB in equal measure)

Is it a case of if there was a problem, it would be clearly not working? Or could it cause a slight slowdown in frames per second?

Its hard to judge, as the console release does have a pretty shoddy frame rate at times, but I FEEL that the disc has a slightly higher framerate. Is this possible? Could it be a sign of a greater problem?

Many thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Roger,

To my knowledge there should not be a discernible difference in framerate playing from a USB as opposed to hard drive.

A few questions to help us clarify:

• Do you notice this difference only while driving? 
  • Does this happen while playing a certain game?
  • Are you able to try playing from a different USB or try your USB in a different port?

Please let us know and we'll go from there. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.