USB ports as power source

I know that the usb ports can be used to power some devices while the console is on. My question is, will they supply power while the console is off as well? I have an external usb fan that I would like to use, but I would like for it to only come on when the console comes on. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

@SteelPredator25 From the way you wrote that post your saying that the Plug & Charge kit and Wireless headset will provide power which they don't. What I think you meant though was that the console only supplies power while off to those devices which is wrong, the USB ports either provide power or they don't, it doesn't matter what device is plugged in. I hope this clears that up for you.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with TMX boxburn.  I too use the usb drive for all of my devices that need to be charged.....

Sorry this didn't help.

They will not supply power wjen your console is OFF. The only devices that i know of that will supply power when its off is the Play and Charge Kit and the wireless head sets such as the 360 bluetooth

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, the USB port do stay on to power as most people who play on the Xbox will charge their accessories after using the console such as the Wireless Microphone or battery pack. I personally charge my phone, wireless microphone and headset off the console with no issues.

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Sorry this didn't help.