USB for Grand Theft Auto V

I recently just ordered the game Grand Theft Auto V, and I read that to get optimized performance, you should put the INSTALL disc on a USB and the PLAY disc on the HDD. Or, vice versa. I'm probably going to put the INSTALL on the USB, since I read this is the best way.

Anyway, I'm currently deciding between two USB's.

The Sandisk Cruzer 2.0 16 GB: http://amzn.to/1bwIshe

or

The ADATA DashDrive 3.0 16 GB: http://amzn.to/1geWjxQ

I know the 360 system won't be able to take advantage of the 3.0 USB feature, however, I'm curious if it still might have a faster read speed. I'm not sure if ADATA is a good brand, since I've heard SanDisk might be better. I need a fast read speed since it's going to be handling the massive game GTA V.

Any comments regarding personal experience, or if you know about this stuff would be super appreciated. Thank you! :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I'm about to try the same thing but I was warned that gameplay might be affected by installing the game on a USB because certain things might not load fast enough. How has it worked for you?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm about to try the same thing but I was warned that gameplay might be affected by installing the game on a USB because certain things might not load fast enough. How has it worked for you?

Sorry this didn't help.

I highly recommend the Sandisk Cruzer drive. At first I had GTA V on disc. I installed the first disc onto my HDD and installed the second disc onto the Sandisk Cruzer (I used the 64GB model). It ran great and I had no issues with it myself, so I recommend that.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your answer! I'm leaning more towards the ADATA, since I won't be buying a large GB size and I need one that can stream pretty quickly. Not sure if the Sandisk Cruzer would be capable of that in a 16 GB size. I'll keep up my research. Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

UPDATE: I just placed an order for the Sandisk Cruzer in a 32 GB size. I'll let you all know how it works out with Grand Theft Auto V. I'm hoping it should work out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Final update. The SanDisk Cruzer performs perfectly. I have the INSTALL Disc (disc 1) of GTA V installed on it. And I have the PLAY disc installed to the HDD. The game works great with this set up.

Sorry this didn't help.