USB Flashdrive Issue

I have tried every which way to configure my PNY 8 gig FD for my Xbox Arcade. I just cannot seem to make it work, I have tried to format on the Xbox, and I have tried to put the update needed on the drive using the update online using my computer.

When configuring on the Xbox everything works fine and the prompts tell me the FD meets requirements, however when I shut off my Xbox and go to turn it on again it asks me to reconfigure.

When I try to configure the FD on my computer and then use it on the Xbox I get an error and cannot even reconfigure the FD.

Has anyone been able to successfully complete this with a PNY FD? I am trying to get off cheap and not have to purchase an external or a Xbox FD because I already have 7 FD's from other uses I've need them for previously.

Any help would be appreciated!

*Note: I have tried all trouble shooting steps provided by Xbox (i.e. all of the links and suggestions from http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Storage/).

Thank you in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

While the 360 supports flash drives, there are some compatibility problems with some makes and models.  Either your FD is not completely compatible or it's faulty.  If it's giving you this many problems I would think about getting a new one.  The old forums had a sticky about what brands worked and which did not, unfortunately I don't think this has been transferred to the new forums.

The only FD I've used on my 360 is a 16GB SanDisk Cruzer which has been working flawlessly.  It's pretty much the same as the official one, but a third of the price!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also bought a PNY 8 gig Flashdrive. After the dashboard told me it had been configured and ready to use, I moved my profile and a few gamesaves to it. Then, after an overnight powerdown, or anytime I unplug the flashdrive, it needs to be re-configured. I lost all my saves.

I should have avoided PNY

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.