USB Flash Drive

Hi, i was just wondering why my USB flash drive keeps deleting everything off it when I turn the xbox off. I transferred some games on there that i can't really fit on the xbox because I only have 20GB hard drive. If i turn it off and on again its fine but if its off for an hour or more everything's gone by the time I come back on. I thought it might be because I took it out of the xbox when I turned it off but I left it in last night and everything has gone again today. Its a brand new out of the packed 32GB flash drive that I'm pretty sure is fine and it says its fine when the xbox formats it. I've tried it 3 or 4 times now and each time everything's gone.

Really appreciate it if anyone has any idea why or how to stop it.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Can you format it to use on a PC, add some files to it and then remove it from your machine. See if it keeps the files. If it doesn't then something is wrong with the USB drive, if it does keep the files;

Plug it in to your Xbox 360 and format it for Xbox use.

Copy something to it and remove it from your console.

Turn off your console then back on, then when the Dashboard is fully loaded go to SETTINGS>STORAGE and then plug the USB back in. Check the USB to see if the files remain.

If they do, turn off your console and back on again with the USB in and check if the files remain or if it is deleting them during shut down/boot up.

Let us know your results.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

try removing the flashdrive before turning off the xbox. if the memory is deleted, it is as the above said, if not thier is a problem with the xbox format

Sorry this didn't help.

try removing the flashdrive before turning off the xbox. if the memory is deleted, it is as the above said, if not their is a problem with the xbox format

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Strictly! I see you are having a problem with your USB flash drive. I must ask, what kind of flash drive is it? Is it an official XBOX 360 flash drive or one by a different company? If it is different, you must make sure that it matches the minimum requirements to work properly on the XBOX 360.  Here is the page: support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

Hopefully that will help you. Without knowing what brand it is and if it matches the requirements, I cannot give you a better answer. I hope you can get back to us soon so we can help you!

Sorry this didn't help.