USB flash drive unreadable if unplugged?

my usb flash drive got wiggled loose when one of my kids bumped into my dresser, when i plugged it back in the console is only giving me the option to re-format, doesnt recognize it as already sonfigured for use with the xbox, it is my understanding that xboxs do this on purpose now to stop people from messing with the game files, is there any way i can get back my data or get it to work again without reformatting it?

Lazy is Lazy microsoft simply needs to write a 1 page long program of boolean checks to compare timestamps and filesizes, and compare them to an internal database file, so simple, they are just dumb and this console is poorly made. I got a ps3 the first year it came out, it just recently died on me in september, so i got an xbox 360 this november, and already LB doesnt work on the controller and nothing but issues with the xbox.

someone please just answer this question for me (yes or no), if i use one of those big bad no-no third party programs, can i simply just open & resign the usb flash drive to get it to work with my xbox again? i get charged based on usage of net (105 gigs/month and $2.50 a gig afterwards) i dont care if i cant play online, i just dont want to lose my 30+ hours of playing and have to redownload the dlc. Because i already know from tlaking to reps they wont give me any compensation for the cost of redownloading even though they are directly responsible for me to have to re-download.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Knocking the USB wouldn't cause the Xbox to believe the content has been modified, at worst if the USB was knocked when a game was saving it could corrupt the save game.

Is the USB device damaged at all? You mentioned the USB wiggled loose but did the connector get damaged or anything you can see/feel when holding the USB. Is the storage a USB flash drive or a USB HardDrive?

I'm guessing you might have tried this but have you tried plugging the USB into one of the other USB ports on the 360 (try the back one if it was previously in the front and vice versa).

If you plug the USB into a PC does it get recognised as a USB Storage device? Don't format it if prompted on a PC.

Do you have access to another 360 (friends etc) that you could try the USB drive on?

105 Gb a month is quite a lot so re-downloading DLC shouldn't put you over that limit.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello LtAscott,

How much room do you have on your xbox 360 hard drive, I know its a silly question. But I was wondering if you could make room on your 360 hard drive and transfer your USB to your hard drive and then reformat the USB stick.

Also it shouldn't cost you a thing to re-download the DLC.

Hope this helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.