usb flash drive help

So I use my USB flash drive on my Xbox as a mobile storage unit and I want to upgrade so I know I can use a 32gb flash drive but can I use half of a 64gb flash drive for my Xbox and the other half for computer stuff or will I have to live with the 32gb flash?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

Yes you can. When you are in the storage and USB screen, you should see an option that says customize. It will let you set the amount of space you wish to dedicate to your xbox. Is this drive currently blank? The only thing I am not sure about is if it will still  wipe out everything even though you are only using half of the space.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="ETHREAL1"]So I use my USB flash drive on my Xbox as a mobile storage unit and I want to upgrade so I know I can use a 32gb flash drive but can I use half of a 64gb flash drive for my Xbox and the other half for computer stuff or will I have to live with the 32gb flash?[/quote]

Not only can you do that, but you'll actually get the full 32 GB. A "32 GB" flash drive is usually 32,000,000,000 bytes / 1024^3 == 29.8 GB, then the Xbox reserves 0.5 GB for the system and you get to use 29.3 GB. If you use a larger device, you get 32 GB and the 0.5 GB for the system is taken out of the rest of the storage (reducing the amount available to your PC).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.