USB Drive vs. Hard Drive cable for Transferring Content

I have one of the launch XBox consoles with the 10 GB HD and I'm planning on purchasing a new 250 GB Slim model.  I would like to transfer all my content to the new XBox.  Is there any advantage to using the HD Transfer cable over a USB drive? A 16 GB USB drive should handle the 10 GB HD but I was wondering if there were any other reasons for using the HD Transfer cable instead of the USB drive.  Will I still need to do the license transfer regardless of whether I use the USB or transfer cable?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Yes you will need to transfer the licenses online no mater the method.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no real advantage to either way OP. It is slightly simpler using the transfer kit as it does it all for you but really that is all.
If you have a flash drive large enough to move everything over in one go then I would use that.

Or you could use a smaller flash-drive to just move your profile and game saves over then just re download any DLC using your download history.
But if you do want to use a transfer cable be sure to buy an official MS version, the third party ones can cause issues and its been known that people lose ther saves etc while trying to move content between HDD's.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.