USB Drive questions

Hey, I am still rocking an original 360 Premium with only a 20 GB HD. My question is 1) Will a USB Drive expand the overall storage up to 36GB and 2) can anything from the HD be stored or transferred to the USB drive, or are there limits to what files I can put on there. I am mainly interested in my game expansion packs and such. This is all a temporary delaying action until the holiday sales kick in and I can retire my old warhorse for a new 360 slim. So question 3) can I use the USB Drive to transfer my data to a new 360?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

1) You can use up to 2 USB drives at 16 GB each. So technically you could have it to about 52 gb total.

2) I'm not aware of any real limits as to what can be added and what can't. Maybe someone else can verify.

3) Yes you can.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1.) Yes,. You can use up to a 16GB Thumb drive. Which comes to 36GB total. They will be two seprate drives. 2.) www.xbox.com/.../storage all your answers are here. 3.) Yes you can, it will take a lenghty amount of time. You can purchise an xbox hdd transfer cable at local game stores or here www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx if your getting an "S" console. Visit here www.xbox.com/.../Transfer for more help. Don't forget to transfer Content Licenses!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I managed to copy all my old data using normal USBs when I got a new console. Saved waiting to go to the shops. It'll store any and all data in the USB.... :)

Sorry this didn't help.