USB Device Transfer

Please, for the love of God, please help. I got a new HDD. I went to transfer all of my games from my old HDD to a flash drive. It told me I had to configure the flash drive. No problem. Go for it. So I transferred all of my saved games, profiles, DLCs, pretty much everything. It took a few minutes, but HEY! Look at that. It worked like a charm. So I turn off my Xbox, take out the old HDD, put in the new one. Go to memory. ... WHHHHAAAATTTTTT It's telling me I need to configure the flash drive. N-n-n-n-n-n-nnnnoooo. Not gonna do that. I don't want hundreds and hundres of hours of my life to just disappear like that. I checked the flash drive in my PC, I have 6.8 gigs of data on there. How can I get that data, off of my flash drive, and onto the new HDD? It's still there. I just can't access it. Do I need to buy something? A transfer cable maybe? I don't care what I have to do, or how much I have to pay. Just please, for the love of video gaming, please please please. I am begging you. What do I do to get this fixed?

PS. I called Microsoft, I was on the phone with someone for 46m 27s. He told me, step by step to go to My Xbox, System Settings, Memory, USB Storage Device, Configure. At least 6 times. Each time I told him I already did that, and I'm not about to erase a good chapter of my video gaming career.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Have a peek at this link to the support.xbox.com website and see if it helps:

support.xbox.com/.../manage-games-data.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.