USB connected to Netgear WndrmacV2 blocked by firewall on Xbox 360

I have a USB harddrive connected to the Netgear WndrmacV2 to stream movies to various devices. It connects fine to the iMac but  the Xbox 360 states 'cannot connect due to firewall may be blocking access' or something along these lines. I have switched off the 'SIP ALG', the 'DoS and port forwarding' and switched the NAT to open. However, I still get the same message. Netgear are unable to help with this and handballed it to Microsoft. Any advice as to get this running would be good. Netgear did state this 'Also ask the manufacturer if you need to open ports on the router and what are those TCP and UDP Ports'. Bit of a novice here so any help would be appreciated.  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey there Marvin,

Sorry to hear you're having issues connecting to your console.

There's a really good guide here for Port Forwarding the WNDRMACv2 for Xbox Live 360. It has really detailed steps and pictures to walk you through the process.

Also
, If that still give you issues and if it's specifically mentioning firewall, here's the steps for disabling the firewall on that device:

Firewall

1. Login to router by entering http://routerlogin.net  in to the address bar or by entering the default gateway IP address.
  2. The router will then prompt you to enter the username and password.
    the default user name and password are: "admin", "password".
  3. Select the Advanced tab from the tabs at the top.
  4. Select Setup setup from the menu on the left.
  5. From the submenu  select WAN Setup.
  6. Check the Disable SPI Firewall box.

Please let us know how everything goes and we'll work from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.