US Console - Power Supply Unit - Going to France

Hi All,

I am going to France for the next 3 months and I'm wondering if I need to get a new power supply unit from the French Xbox Customer support line since the power supply unit is only made available off phone support?  Will a French xbox customer support purchased power supply unit work for my US xbox 360 s console?

Thanks!

Cerveza

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

If your power supply is marked for 110 volts only the cheapest option will be to get a power converter before you go.  When I was in Germany one that could take 350 watts was only about 80 dollars.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a conclusive answer to this.  If the voltage is different where you are going, you will definitely need a local Xbox power supply, voltage converter, or transformer.

I traveled out to Qatar with my US Xbox.  I saw the suggestions here and picked up a local Xbox power supply (For those in Doha, Qatar, I picked it up from Technical Care Centre in the City Center Mall).  However, before I tried that, I called the XBox support number to confirm.  The person on the phone thought I could just plug it into an adapter (no converter or transformer) and confirmed with her supervisor.  So I tried it, and tripped the circuit breaker in my hotel room.  I reset the breaker and tried the local power supply.  Thankfully, the XBox seems to work still.  Hopefully my US power supply still works when I get back home (they annotated my account and will give me a free replacement if it is an issue, given that it was due to their advice).

Sorry this didn't help.

irthinker is correct - you will need a power supply intended for the region you are located in, as simple adapters will not work. I'm sorry to hear you were given misinformation! However, it sounds like our Phone Support team is ready to take care of you in the event your power supply will not work.

Sorry this didn't help.