Upset Parent

I have tried to get some help through X-box, but am not getting anywhere.  I called the X-box Live people and they told me that there was not  a way to reach the so called "enforcement team" for help with my issue, but they led me to the forum for possible help, so here I am.    My son is 11 years old and he absolutely loves his X-box.  He has made alot of friends on it too, and until now, I have thought that it was probably the best thing that I have ever bought for him, because he enjoys gaming so much.

But the night before Thanksgiving, he got a message from the "Enforcement Team" that his account had been suspended and would be until 9999.  What he did was change the color on his Avatar and supposedly he broke x-box's Code of Conduct. 

Seriously X-box????  When we contacted X-box they told us that all he had to do, was set up a new account.  But he has lost all of his Map Packs, which we have spent alot of money over the past couple of years, and he has to go out and find all of his friends and set them up again too. 

I came home from work the other night finding him in tears over this especially after he found out that he lost all of his Map Packs, and I immediately became furious.

He asked me "mom is what I did really that bad of a thing"?  and my response to him was "no son, and I am going to get to the bottom of it and real quick. 

He is only 11 and has never even read the code of conduct, probably did not even know that there was a place to go out and read it and because he is 11, all he has on his mind is going out there to play. 

If this is such a BIG DEAL X-box, then why dont you block it so this does not happen?

I just think that he should have had some kind of warning or if he were to be suspended, that maybe a couple of days or weeks would have been sufficient, and that he should not have gotten the hateful answer of 9999, which I guess is suppose to mean NEVER.

I dont know about any other parent, but times are hard enough for everyone right now, that something like this, is very hard to swallow, especially since we lost all the map packs he had.

I would really like for someone from the"Enforcement Team" to step up and answer to this, instead of making this decision and then hiding out or there ought to be a way to appeal the decision.

There is alot worse things that go on online, and I think that this is teaching our children the wrong message, the way it is handled.

If someone from the enforcement team is reading this, I would appreciate an e-mail.  I also, know that he is not the only child this has happened too, because out on another forum, I seen several other children in the same shape, after this happened to us and someone from X-box needs to turning these accounts back on or answering to their actions.

If I do not receive a call from the enforcement team, I guess my next step will be the CEO, or is there anyone out there that can tell me where i can actually talk to someone about this matter.  I did talk to a Supervisor at X-box that did not know where to go, so thats why I am putting this out on the forum.

Thank You!

Tammy

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx is the forum where the XBLPET (Xbox Live Policy Enforcement Team) responds to these queries. Be sure to include your son's gamertag in your question to them.

-

For clarification, avatars can only be color-changed by placing your profile on to a computer and "altering" it with unauthorized software. That is why it is worthy of the dreaded 12/31/9999 ban.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

yup Toad is correct and your 'warning' is the COC (code of conduct) and TOS (terms of service) you must read before even using the service if he was 11, YOU should have read them so you know what is and is NOT allowed on the LIVE service, using third party methods to alter your avatar is grounds for immediate and perm ban from the LIVE service.   and NOBODY from the enforcement team will post outside of the suspension forums.  all they will do if you post there is say this:

This Xbox LIVE account has been permanently suspended due to unauthorized modification of your Gamertag, avatar or other profile data.

These modifications may include, but are not limited to:

-     Altering the appearance of your Gamertag or avatar outside of the default parameters

-     Illegitimate gain of achievements or avatar awards

-     Application of watermarks or other special identifiers that were not legitimately granted

-     Unauthorized manipulation of in-game parameters

To help avoid future account suspensions, please review the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use here:

www.xbox.com/.../CodeOfConduct

www.xbox.com/.../LiveTOU

there is NO appeal for it and his only option is to start over fresh and not mod his account this time sorry that you do not want to hear that but that is all they will say to you on the subject.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="killerdoud11"]

Seriously X-box????  When we contacted X-box they told us that all he had to do, was set up a new account.  But he has lost all of his Map Packs, which we have spent alot of money over the past couple of years, and he has to go out and find all of his friends and set them up again too. 

[/quote]

When a subscriber violates the digital contracts in which they agreed to the penalties can be rather expensive. When an account is permanently banned everything associated with it is forfeit as per the XBL Terms of Service including; gamer score, game saves, ms points, subscription time and download content. Nothing is transferable and nothing is refundable.

I came home from work the other night finding him in tears over this especially after he found out that he lost all of his Map Packs, and I immediately became furious.

He asked me "mom is what I did really that bad of a thing"?  and my response to him was "no son, and I am going to get to the bottom of it and real quick. 

He is only 11 and has never even read the code of conduct, probably did not even know that there was a place to go out and read it and because he is 11, all he has on his mind is going out there to play. 

[/quote]

This part here would be your fault. As the parent you should have gone over the Terms of Service and Code of Conduct with your son so he would know what he could and could not do while using the Live service. For this you have no one to blame but yourself.  And yes, what he did was very wrong. In order to do what he did he would have had to move his XBL profile to a usb flash drive then put it into a PC. From there he would have had to use unauthorized third party software to alter the code, of which MS owns the rights to, to change the color of his avatar. He did not get permission from MS to do this and the resulting actions by them is justified.

If this is such a BIG DEAL X-box, then why dont you block it so this does not happen?

[/quote]

They do, it is called the Avatar Editor. See the above explanation for how your son changed his the wrong way.

I just think that he should have had some kind of warning or if he were to be suspended, that maybe a couple of days or weeks would have been sufficient, and that he should not have gotten the hateful answer of 9999, which I guess is suppose to mean NEVER.

[/quote]

His, yours, mine and everyones warning is the XBL Terms of Service and Code of Conduct.

There is alot worse things that go on online, and I think that this is teaching our children the wrong message, the way it is handled.

[/quote]

I disagree. I can say for certain your son will never do anything like this again now. I think it works just fine. Lesson learned.

If someone from the enforcement team is reading this, I would appreciate an e-mail.  I also, know that he is not the only child this has happened too, because out on another forum, I seen several other children in the same shape, after this happened to us and someone from X-box needs to turning these accounts back on or answering to their actions.

[/quote]

The only place you will get an official response on this is in the above linked forum. Also, when an account is permanently banned there are no appeals. Your only recourse now is do to as suggested by phone support, create a new account and start over. This time you should take the time to sit down with your son and explain the digital contracts that must be agreed to before completing the account creation process. That way he can avoid doing other things that could jeopardize his account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is the account you are posting here with the account that was permanently banned? If not then it will be soon enough as that avatar is modified too.

Sorry this didn't help.

I love your green avatars mate worth another banning just to let you know

Sorry this didn't help.

As mentioned, questions about suspensions or account bans may only be made in our forum dedicated to these issues: 14 - My account was suspended from LIVE

Sorry this didn't help.

You should check his friends out as well just had a look at his friends list and hes not the only one to get banned just check out all the names on the list who are using leet titles such as caboose22320MOD looks like hes been banned aswell. Plus several others on his list, if he knows them personally have a word with them, but as everyone has said there is no way you can do this sort of thing with out knowing your doing wrong Microsft wont help you, just dont do it again!!

Sorry this didn't help.

All of that because someone changed the color of their Avatar? That is simply the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Talk about killing flies with sledgehammers. I think it would be cool to be able to have a lot of different colors on the avatars.

Sorry this didn't help.

please do NOT bump threads from almost 2 years ago, thanks

Sorry this didn't help.