UPS Delivered Package without requiring signature/ My Xbox Was Stolen from my Doorstep

As I have been on hold with Microsoft Customer Service for the past 35 min I decided it would be a good time to warn any potential Microsoft Online Store customers about purchasing Xbox One consoles off the site.  I have had a horrible Day One experience. LIke most who ordered from the Online store you received an email with a tracking number for you to track your package to your doorstep. Like most I checked the UPS site religiously. When I got the notification that the package was received, it said "Left at door. " My mother who was home at the time never heard a doorbell, and never signed for any package.  When I got home from work my neighbor said he recalled that a UPS truck had been in the neighborhood around 12 oclock.  He then went to say soon after a black truck pulled up in my driveway but he didnt think anything of it.  My console which was left on a doorstep like some orphan was kidnapped, stolen, in broad daylight.  My frustration and anger lies with two people. Microsoft and UPS.  Microsoft chose UPS as their vendor. Not only that, they ordered UPS to forbid customers, if they request, to pick up their package from a UPS store where you have to present an ID and sign for.  They made it so my Xbox HAD to get shipped to my residence, in the middle of the day, when the whole neighborhood is at work and school.  Thats poor logistics.  Microsoft also failed to require UPS to request a signature from the reciepient. A product of high demand and value like the XBOX one should not be left on some door step, with out a signature.  It costs half a grand.  I filed a police report which I know is futile and filed a report with Microsoft. They said they would get back to me in 72 hours.  This is logistical failure by Microsoft and UPS and I will never order a product from a Microsoft Store again.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 384 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If this really happened they will send you another console out after UPS investigates. But I'm having a very hard time believing it as I worked for UPS and Fedex and never once had a package stolen and I delivered Apple Macs in the actual box and left them on porches all the time.

Your story seems a bit... off... to me.  Your mother was there... UPS almost always knocks or rings the doorbell first before just leaving the package.  They also tend to be pretty easy to hear because the door slides open.  Immediately after a black truck pulls up and steals a package in broad daylight... from your doorstep.  If this story is true it worries me how unobservant your mother is to not hear that many people around your house.

[quote user="ProzacTheClown"]

Your story seems a bit... off... to me.  Your mother was there... UPS almost always knocks or rings the doorbell first before just leaving the package.  They also tend to be pretty easy to hear because the door slides open.  Immediately after a black truck pulls up and steals a package in broad daylight... from your doorstep.  If this story is true it worries me how unobservant your mother is to not hear that many people around your house.

[/quote]

Exactly. Hence the reason I am calling BS. I know whenever I am expecting a package I tell my wife to keep an eye out. Although my UPS and Fedex guys have access to my garage to deliver stuff. haha

it happens. its a tough one because ms is not responsible at all so you are at the whim of ups. generally they are pretty good and will take responsibility. the problem is if it was a day one you are probably screwed as they are most likely all gone and you can only get a standard edition now, maybe ms will at least give you the day one code, plus you are going to have to wait for it all to be resolved and reshipped.

Well, I'm having the opposite issue - UPS attempted delivery - no one was here to sign - UPS has restrictions placed by MIcrosoft that prevent the recipient from modifying the delivery option (I want to pick-up instead), and now I have to wait until Monday for a re-delivery attempt between 9am-7pm, and I likely will not be home from work early enough to receive that one either.

I'm pretty sure the error on your part is with the UPS driver - not Microsoft or the UPS facilities, as it seems the policies are super strict (you see my issue..). It is ultimately up to the UPS driver though to either follow policy and not leave the package unless it is signed for, or to disregard that and just leave the package on your doorstep.

They implemented the policy that is *** me, to help prevent issues like the one you're having - meanwhile it is all ultimately up to the UPS driver, who isn't going to be held accountable anyway, to follow or not follow policy. Awesome stuff.

[quote user="SiLvALyNiN"]

Well, I'm having the opposite issue - UPS attempted delivery - no one was here to sign - UPS has restrictions placed by MIcrosoft that prevent the recipient from modifying the delivery option (I want to pick-up instead), and now I have to wait until Monday for a re-delivery attempt between 9am-7pm, and I likely will not be home from work early enough to receive that one either.

I'm pretty sure the error on your part is with the UPS driver - not Microsoft or the UPS facilities, as it seems the policies are super strict (you see my issue..). It is ultimately up to the UPS driver though to either follow policy and not leave the package unless it is signed for, or to disregard that and just leave the package on your doorstep.

They implemented the policy that is *** me, to help prevent issues like the one you're having - meanwhile it is all ultimately up to the UPS driver, who isn't going to be held accountable anyway, to follow or not follow policy. Awesome stuff.

[/quote]

You can pickup at your local facility until 7 or 8pm. Go grab that thing if you still can.

UPS does not always ring the doorbell or knock on the door.  When UPS delivered my copy of COD ghosts-hardened edition they did not knock on the door.  They just slid it under the porch railing.  That's where I found it when I got home.

I've had a guitar amp stolen off my door step before. My USPS guy never knocks or rings my door bell the "time of delivery" was about 3 hours later than he would normally leave stuff on the doorstep. Call USPS asap! Don't wait!

jagr, I cannot pick up, UPS will not allow me to, as Microsoft has placed restrictions preventing anyone from changing the delivery method. I must be home to receive the package. It's ridiculous.

Per the MS Store (I called them today), MS is not permitting ANY of their products to be picked up at the UPS depot due to issue of "past fraud."