Upload Studio Banning

I was banned yesterday for a Dead Rising 3 clip in which I swore twice. I was under the impression that the video was for my own personal viewing and friends I wished to share it with, alas, it was not. I had no warning, just a straight up ban. I could understand this if I had uploaded it for a game like FIFA or a Kinect game where you would expect a large number of yiunger gamers playing, but it was for an 18 rated game which contains extreme violence and swearing. I found out yesterday after my ban that clips for any game are viewable by anyone, meaning little 8 year old Timmy can easily view footage of someone playing Dead Rising 3 and see the violence etc already in the game.

Microsoft need to sort out their priorities and implement a system where age restrictions or warnings apply to certain games so we can have more freedom in what we post without risk of offending or being banned. Clips of 18 rated games should be only viewable to those aged 18 and over. Banning players for swearing over a clip of a game which contains horro, violence,  swearing etc is downright idiotic

Discussion Info

Last updated October 5, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

ironic isnt it? a mature game where there is plenty of swearing in the game yet you cant swear in your video feed. I find it funny people getting banned with the K2 as well yet MS says they dont monitor it, hmmmm

I hate to break it to you, but you agreed to their Terms of Use & Code of Conduct Policies. You should've read them when you signed in on your Xbox One console. Swearing has always been a "don't do it" rule on Xbox Live. If you swear a lot, then maybe Xbox Live isn't for you.
[quote user="Lord Dirt"]ironic isnt it? a mature game where there is plenty of swearing in the game yet you cant swear in your video feed. I find it funny people getting banned with the K2 as well yet MS says they dont monitor it, hmmmm[/quote]
LD, it has nothing to do with the Kinect & everything to do with the Upload Studio - it has the ability to record audio as well as video, at the user's discretion. Once you upload a clip, it's viewable by anyone & everyone on Xbox Live, depending on your privacy settings. If you don't want people to see it, adjust your privacy settings; otherwise, you are subject to what I said above.

Microsoft Comments On Alleged Skype And Upload Bans

Newsby Mike Futter on November 25, 2013 at 01:13 PM 9,222 Views  29

Yesterday some Reddit users reported that Microsoft had banned their accounts for “past behavior” making use of Skype and Upload Studio impossible. We reached out to Microsoft for comment on the matter.

“To be clear, the Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement team does not monitor direct peer-to-peer communications like Skype chats and calls,” a Microsoft representative told Game Informer via email. “Also, we take Code of Conduct moderation via Upload Studio very seriously. We want a clean, safe and fun environment for all users. Excessive profanity as well as other Code of Conduct violations will be enforced upon and result in suspension of some or all privileges on Xbox Live. We remain committed to preserving and promoting a safe, secure and enjoyable experience for all of our Xbox Live members.”

Without monitoring peer-to-peer Skype calls, there is no way that Microsoft could have banned anyone for foul language in that app. However, users would do well to keep voice overs on uploaded clips clean. Foul language there can get you suspended and, possibly, banned.

www.gameinformer.com/.../microsoft-comments-on-alleged-skype-and-upload-bans.aspx

We already know MS let the NSA monitor Skype so who says they stopped?

this is utterly rediculous. lets ban ppl on a console that only works online... oh wait u can have a fraction of features offline..... like you can't even pin things.... microsoft is really going above and beyond on making there customers angry at every aspect of there product.

when a clip is saved it doesn't record anything other than what has happening in the game.  It won't pick up on the users voice.  The cursing only could have gotten in their if he edited the clip and added it in himself, so OP obviously broke the code of conduct he accepted so it seems like a fair banning.  Really you should know better than that.

Code of Conduct and Terms of Service folks.  There is no real excuse for claiming ignorance.

Im fully aware of the code of conduct and I was told it was for EXCESSIVE swearing. My video contained 2 uses of the F word. Like I said, clips of any rated game E and above can be viewed online by anyone, most games rated 16 and above contain a lot of cursing, will Microsoft ban/remove clips of the next Gears of War game, very doubtful.

Child accounts can be set up on the consoles i am sure they have restrictions just like they always have. As for you Ruby you got caught live with it. You should have used common sense.

Now im gunna go play video games with my tin foil hat on while the NSA watch me scratch my personal's.

[quote user="IAmRuby"]

Im fully aware of the code of conduct and I was told it was for EXCESSIVE swearing. My video contained 2 uses of the F word. Like I said, clips of any rated game E and above can be viewed online by anyone, most games rated 16 and above contain a lot of cursing, will Microsoft ban/remove clips of the next Gears of War game, very doubtful.[/quote]

If you are aware of the CoC then perhaps you should abide by it.  Nowhere in it does it say that you can use the F word once or twice.  When you break the rules you take the chance of being disciplined.  To act surprised about it is absurd at best.