Upload Speed

Any suggestions on how to better upload speed. The ISP I currentlIuse has an 18/2 download to upload speed. I am using a linksys wrt 300N wireless router. I have already tried updating firmware. There are no available updates for this unit.  I have also tried having any devcie on my network disconnected from the net so it is solely my console plugged in. It is the slim line so it is wireless.  Ethernet doesn't change it. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 206 Applies to:

What exact issue are you having? An upload speed of 2 Mbps is beyond the minimum recommend spec of 1 Mbps for LIVE.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tend to have some rubberbanding,

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with that term. Do you mean lag?

Sorry this didn't help.

run traceroute                  open command prompt and type in tracert xeas.xboxlive.com      if you have more that 10-12 locations and you are seeing a high ping, this is what the cause of your lag could be. Also, you can see were the information is being sent from your network before it gets to the microsoft xbox live servers, you will see your network, then you will see abrriviations for citys and states that your information is being routed through before it gets to the MS servers. this can be handy to figure out if you are having and ISP issue.

Also, if you notice it is being routed all over the place, contact your ISP and notify them that you are havign routing issues on your network I.E you live in say arizona, your information is being routed from AZ, to idaho, to virginia, then back acrossed the country to microsofts servers= high ping and lag. Hope this helps.

you can find more info on running trace route on bing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, upload speed will nto creat very much "lag" alot of that has to do with your download speed as while in a game you need to constantly download information from the host player to get up to date feedback for the game data and were other people are in the game. the slower the DL speed, the slower this information is recieved which means by the time you get information that is supposed to be "real time", the other person that you may be shooting at, racing or whatever it is that you are doing is a few steps ahead of you. this is also a prime example of people "hopping" all over the screen. your download speed is not sufficient enough to process the game play to have a good experiance.

speedtest.net is a great website.

Sorry this didn't help.

ALSO, if you are comfy with it, you can attempt to place your xbox console into a DMZ. this more than likely will not fix the issue, but it is always a good idea to try.

Sorry this didn't help.