Upgrading to X1 question

So I got an email from Xbox a few days ago saying that if I buy a game on demand I can upgrade it to X1 by March 31 for $9.99. How is this done? Will they email a coupon or something?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I don't actually know the details of the email (or it's legitimacy), but I would assume that if you bought a new Xbox 360 game from Games on Demand (let's use 'Assassin's Creed: Black Flag' as an example), then you'll be able to buy Assassin's Creed: Black Flag for the Xbox ONE for $9.99.  You will need to probably just need to buy the X1 version of the game from Games on Demand, where they will charge your MS account $9.99.

The email is legitimate, because it comes from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

If this is true and applying to everyone then that would be amazing seeing as I dropped 60$ on BF4 right before I found out I was getting the X1

It's only for games on demand bf4 isn't on games on demand. Here is an example for cod ghost marketplace.xbox.com/.../66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802415608fc

I know that gamestop/ebgames have this promo too. I"ll be able to upgrade your game disc to xbox one edition for 10$.

That's if you bought it from them and are a powerup rewards member.