Upgrading to a Family Account

I've been a Gold subscriber since 2004 and my Wife has had her own gold account for the last 2 or 3 years.... with the Family Gold plan I figured it would be great if we could sign up for that instead and then have a couple of extra gold accounts that our friends can use when they visit.

My question is this... if I sign up as the primary account, what happens to the remaining subscription time on my Wife's account?

I had assumed that I could simply identify both accounts and since I've already paid for $120 worth of Gold subscription it would just average the remaining time and I'd pay the $99 re-up a when time ran out.

Going through the process on Xbox.com however they want me to pay $45 to upgrade my account to the family plan, and that's fine IF I get credit for the remaining subscription balance on my wife's account when I add that to the family plan as well.

I couldn't find anything in the documentation that told me anything about what happens to subscription time for anything but the primary account.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You will be credited whatever gold time you have left.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.