Upgraded to Xbox One but my profile was wiped clean

Okay so to better explain this, I recently bought an Xbox One and went through the process to Download my profile. When it was Downloaded it wasn't my Gamertag I had no Achievements and no friends but on 360 I had acheivements, friends and the Gamertag I picked from the day I signed up for Xbox Live on 360. My profile is as if its a brand new one yet this cant be possible as I Downloaded my profile with my email and password as its registered with Xbox Live same everything as the 360.

Can any one help or explain why this is?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

This may be related to a service alert from earlier. Try deleting and redownloading your profile and see if the same issue occurs

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have just tried this and it did not work. I double checked and logged into my email as I am opted in for Xbox Mailing Lists and I get news from Microsoft Xbox with the usual Hello (Gamertag Here) and after doing so it's confirmed that my Gamertag and profile is linked to the proper email and my profile is shown correctly on the 360 but it's Downloaded as a completely fresh new profile on the Xbox One

Sorry this didn't help.

Try double checking that your email is correctly liked to your account on your 360 by going to Settings, Account, Your Information, and Security Info. Even though you're getting the emails, there is a small possibility that this will be a different account. If it is the correct one, I would contact phone support here: support.xbox.com/contact-us

Sorry this didn't help.

As I said I have done this double checked the email is indeed correct and the Xbox Emails are sent to my old Gamertag which is Emo Girl Kacie btw and on 360 it shows everything correctly same email for Xbox One but it shows me as the current Gamertag you see on here now, I can even search my proper Gamertag and it views me as a seperate person I am not impressed that the same email account is linked and proper on 360 but is a completely seperate profile despite its the same email on Xbox One.

Sorry this didn't help.

HI WonkierAmoeba32,

Sorry you're having issues with your profile. As KenH2k4 said it's likely something associated with the email .If you are logging in with the email address that you think is associated with the correct gamertag and you're not seeing the correct one, the only solution would be to contact support to see what your other options are. I would also try to login to https://www.xbox.com with any other emails you could possibly use.

Contact Support

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

As I have previously mentioned I have double checked all of this it is indeed the correct email and I just tried requesting a Support Call from Xbox I got the call and it asked me to press 1 to be connected to the next available Support agent I did this 3 times and it said my response is invalid the fourth time it said I have reached the maximum amount of attempts allowed and the system hung up on me :/ This error is clearly not on my end and is on Xbox's side and I can't even get the support I requested.

Sorry this didn't help.