updating security issue

so yeah... microsoft is asking for my email and password to "update my security".  on my console... but it's saying that my password is wrong... i know its right because i can log on from my pc just find what's going on? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Sounds like your security proofs are out of date, or your password has appeared on a hacker's list somewhere (which Microsoft is periodically checking).

Microsoft is security minded and protects your account data, so they added proofs to secure your account. And, since Xbox LIVE accounts are built on top of Microsoft Account security, that applies to gamers like you and me. Proofs can include:

1) A phone # (preferably a cell # to text you a message - very convenient when away from home)

2) An alternate email address (which can be used to send a password reset confirmation to)

3) A 'Trusted PC' (requires Windows Vista or later + the free Microsoft Windows Live Essentials app) - skip this if you have a Mac or Linux boxen

4) A Security Question and Secret Answer

If you don't have these filled in, you will be required to do to, so visiting http://account.live.com/ and clicking on Edit security info is a good idea.

There's more info on this at answers.microsoft.com/.../79321863-cf01-44f3-a181-87f531c5129e

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

make sure you are using the exact same capitalization and aren't accidently typing the wrong password.

For more information about Security Proofs go to: http://www.xbox.com/proofs

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

For me (and you have see i am living i another country and uses US account, and yes MS know that because my real phone, my real name and my real e-mail adrees in the account). they never asks that, i have a fear you caught in pishing...(some pirate send a faulse e-mail and the inocente people caught in the net...).

For fix it you have in HIGH SPEED change your account password (in no time to give no chance to pirate change the security answer and personal information)and do that by xbox live id site (or when you enter in your account in xbox.com).

When have new features to your security, MS never send a e-mail for that to start, that all ways start when you login in your account they asks if you want improve your security, just follow the steps and done.

Repeting my self again CHANGE THAT PASSWORD NOW!!!!

I hope i help you and forgive my bad english it´s self learnerd.

Sorry this didn't help.

This simply means you need to reset your password and update your contact info for your windows live ID.

Go to http://account.live.com

and reset your password from there. Also make sure all of your information is up to date especially your email information.

If the information has been changed then contact support at 1-800 4MY-XBOX in US.

Once this is done restart you Xbox 360 and input the new information when prompted.

You should be able to log on. if you get an error code. 80151103 or 8015D0000 visit this link. They are working on this issue.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/156953.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

This simply means you need to reset your password and update your contact info for your windows live ID.

Go to http://account.live.com

and reset your password from there. Also make sure all of your information is up to date especially your email information.

If the information has been changed then contact support at  1-800 4MY-XBOX  in US.

Once this is done restart you Xbox 360 and input the new information when prompted.

You should be able to log on. if you get an error code. 80151103 or 8015D0000 visit this link. They are working on this issue.

forums.xbox.com/.../156953.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

this is a well known issue and xboxlive is working on a permanate fix for it as we speak.

Sorry this didn't help.